Who are we?
We are a team of physiotherapists working exclusively with post operative clients at home. We have over a decade of experience learning from some of the country’s leading orthopaedic consultants. We have used this knowledge and experience to optimise our assessment and treatment techniques. We are London’s only specialist post operative home physiotherapy service.
Why do we specialise in Post Op Home Physio?
We are passionate about assisting you to reach your goals following your operation. We are here to help you to restore your independence enabling you to live a rich and fulfilled life. From listening to our many clients over the years, we are aware that the care received in the acute hospital stage in the days after surgery is outstanding, however, statistics show that the lack of quality and quantity of NHS physiotherapy at home can leave clients feeling isolated and their rehabilitation slows down significantly.
What treatment methods are used?
Your physiotherapist will work alongside you to build a tailor made physiotherapy rehab programme that can include the following:
- Mobilisation and manipulation techniques
- Exercise prescription
- Walking pattern re-education
- Advice and education about your surgical procedure
- Walking aid progression
- Outdoor mobility progression
- Soft tissue massage
What is our aim?
We provide physiotherapy at home before and after surgery to help you:
- Gain full range of movement in your joints
- Strengthen your muscles
- Reduce swelling and inflammation
- Improve your balance
- Reduce the need for a walking aid
- Return to community activities
- Reduce the need for carer support
How are we different?
Our competitors provide a broad range of physiotherapy services, where the same physio might attend to a neurological complaint in the morning, and a respiratory complaint in the afternoon. Our team works exclusively with post operative orthopaedic clients at home making us specialists in our field.
Our competitors have a range of physiotherapists working for them, matching a client to a physio merely by location only, rather than experience. We have a small team of orthopaedic experts in our field meaning your physiotherapist will be perfectly matched for your needs. Prior to specialising in the provision of home physio, our team has gained vital experience in all areas of orthopaedic physiotherapy ranging from:
- Observing orthopaedic surgery in the operating theatre
- Working as inpatient physiotherapists assisting clients from the day of surgery until discharge
- Attending consultant led training courses allowing continued learning
- Keeping up with the latest research
What is our approach?
Meet the team
Our physiotherapists are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy